Choosing the best WordPress themes for your business gives you live preview functions and allows you to create and change the entire design of your site in one click. Read on to filter through the thousands of choices and see our recommendations for the best business WordPress themes.
1. Avada – a multi-functional power theme
The top-selling theme from Envato’s ThemeForest is Avada, a responsive, multi-purpose theme capable of meeting the needs of many different types of businesses.
2. Neve – a flexible, multipurpose WordPress theme
With Neve, a website could become anything from a news feed to a collaborative forum.
This option supports any number of uses and features a sleek, modern design. In an industry as fast-paced as technology, an outdated design just won’t do.
Neve, created by ThemeIsle, is a good option for businesses or individuals sharing information, collaborating, and more.
It’s backed by top-notch support, offers multi-language support, is search engine optimization (SEO)-friendly, and optimized for speed.
3. Infinity Pro – a theme for online presence
StudioPress’ Infinity Pro Theme is a stylish and modern option for digital businesses. This theme is ideal for those looking to create a simple online presence.
4. Monochrome Pro – a stylish theme
Minimalists will find StudioPress’ Monochrome Pro Theme appealing. This theme makes a visual impact using white space and typography, and its simplicity means that it is easy to use.
Anyone looking for a trendy, quick-to-set-up theme will benefit from Monochrome Pro.
5. Enfold – responsive with a quick setup
Another top-ranked theme from Envato’s ThemeForest, Enfold is ideal for complex websites with multiple sections and pages. It offers great interface (UI)/user experience (UX) touches, widgets, highly customizable sidebars, headers, and footers.
Moreover, it is incredibly quick to create a good-looking website.
6. Monstroid – unique customization
For a website with visual impact, consider Template Monster’s Monstroid, a Parallax multipurpose theme that is almost infinitely customizable.
If you want to impress by looks and design with the freedom to make your website look a certain way, Monstroid does the job.
7. Imperion – drag-and-drop simplicity
Template Monster’s Imperion business theme offers clean, professional-looking variants with customization options that can be changed easily with the included drag-and-drop editor.
With no confusion or complication, a simple front-end design, and many options for visual editing, Imperion is an excellent theme choice for those looking to avoid computer code.
Bonus: 8 Industry-Specific WordPress Themes
General-use business WordPress themes can come in handy, but if you need something more specialized, consider one designed for your industry.
- Agent Focused Pro (Real Estate): All of Agent Focused Pro’s real estate listings must come with the basics, including property information, price, and photographs. It offers a clean, minimalist responsive design that lets your properties shine.
- Real Spaces (Real Estate): Another good theme for real estate businesses is Real Spaces, a highly-rated option by Theme Forest customers. Essential real-estate features include a front-end agent profile submission form, a multi-account feature for buyers and sellers, property search filters, and a property management dashboard.
- Hired (Job Search and Freelance): If you’re in a non-creative industry, you might only need a simple, single-page website that features your biography (or a short summary statement), resume, and contact information. Hired falls into this category. And if you’re in a creative field, you might seek something that allows you to create visual displays of work that you’ve completed in the past.
- Authority Pro (Consulting): Consulting fields would do well with single-page websites where crucial information like contact-related details are displayed prominently; you can add a link to your resume or CV. Your overall goal is likely to demonstrate that you are experienced in your field, but you won’t have many (non-text) samples, so visual displays aren’t necessarily a priority. With that in mind, consider StudioPress’s Authority Pro theme.
- Jayla (E-commerce): This theme offers basic features including catalog-style pages, product templates, and integration with e-commerce platforms so you can accept payments. ThemeForest’s Jayla is a WooCommerce WordPress theme with product display pages, as well as in-depth product descriptions.
- WoodMart (E-commerce): WoodMart is another responsive WooCommerce theme. The template library consists of more than 300 samples with over 50 demo setups available upon downloading the theme. Further functions of this WooCommerce theme include a built-in mega menu and drag-and-drop builder.
- Core (Photography): If you’re a photographer, it is important to have the ability to easily manage a large number of photos, like you can do with Core. A minimal theme, Core offers the features photographers need to put their best foot forward, including gallery templates, video portfolio support, light and dark skins, and a password-protected gallery.
- TwoFold (Photography): Listed on Theme Forest’s market, TwoFold is a simple yet stylistically outstanding theme created for professional and aspiring photographers looking to showcase their portfolios. TwoFold further offers customizable gallery and album templates, blog functionality, Lightbox integration, and video support. The theme allows you to integrate an online store, too.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best WordPress theme for business?
No one theme is the best WordPress website theme for business. The ideal theme for you depends on what type of business you run, as well as what your goals are for your website.
For example, the website of a physical store looking to sell some goods online will have different needs from a web designer wanting to display their past work.
In the end, if you know what you need but still find the numerous options overwhelming, consider picking an aesthetically-pleasing multipurpose theme that you can customize in the future.
What’s the difference between premium and free WordPress themes?
It depends. The only thing we can say for sure is premium WordPress themes typically come with a cost, unlike free themes.
When considering a theme, consider the support the developers offer. Some free options come with no-cost support (typically forum-based), while others do not. Most premium themes include technical support, but this is not a hard-and-fast rule.
In general, we find that premium themes offer a bit more — while they cost more, you get better design and more robust support if something goes wrong with your theme.
What is the best free WordPress theme for business?
Is WordPress good for a small-business website?
WordPress is capable of supporting a small business website. The core installation has many features, but if you need more, you can easily find a theme or plug-in to get you what you need.
Moreover, the free platform can be a boon to small businesses with limited financial resources.