Compare Free Logo Generators
|Logo generator||Starting price||Best features|
Best free logo generator
Why it’s best overall: Canva offers over 250,000 unique templates across dozens of marketing asset types.
Best membership-based logo generator
Why it’s the best membership-based logo generator: Placeit offers a monthly membership plan for full access to its extensive suite of done-for-you design services.
Best AI-supported logo generator
Why it’s the best AI-supported logo generator: Wix’s Artificial intelligence (AI) tools to help match initial styles to your design preferences.
Fastest logo generator tool
Why it’s the fastest logo generator tool: Adobe Express is one of the fastest logo generation tools on the market, connecting you with your next competitive brand design in seconds without signing up for an account.
Most personalized logo design tool
Why it’s the most personalized logo design tool: Hatchful’s individualized creation and customization process is done with a sleek questionnaire.
Best sandbox-style logo generation tool
Why it’s the best sandbox-style tool: Ucraft offers a great compromise between a stand-alone design tool (such as Adobe Suite products) and a templated and element-based design editor.
What You Need to Know about Logo Generators
Why is a logo important?
What are the important elements in designing a logo?
What is the difference between logo design and branding?
What are the key factors of brand identity?
The important elements of brand identity include:
- Wordmark or Logo
- Corporate Font
- Style Consistency
- Shape and Form
- Theme or Tag Lines
- Other Distinct Visual Elements
How I Rated the Best Free Logo Generators
No two logo generators are identical. You need tools you can rely on for safety, efficiency, and quality.
I signed up for a plan with each provider to test:
- Ease of use: Tools that allow you to create many versions at a minimal cost allow for a logo that requires as few inputs as possible, saving you time through the input process and the back-end optimization to refine the logo.
- Price (after logo generation): While the logo tools mentioned have no cost, they are not always free to download (or use in your other marketing assets).
- Variety: Your tool should give you several logo design template options from which to choose.
- Editability: I considered editability to minimize your investment in other graphic design tools and services.
Learn more about our review methodology.