What Is Inbound Call Tracking Software?
Inbound call tracking software makes it easier for companies to analyze calls coming into their business. Marketing teams and agencies rely on this software to better track their marketing efforts. These kinds of programs offer a host of tools and features that help brands determine which marketing campaigns and messages are working best, attract more calls and increase their ability to turn prospects into customers.
Effective call tracking software offers the ability to create and use unique tracking phone numbers assigned to different campaigns and marketing channels. Most call tracking software is web-based or cloud-based, but some solutions also offer mobile apps or downloadable software for Windows and Mac. Companies of all sizes and types use this solution.
It can be difficult to know which marketing strategies offer a high return on investment, but inbound call tracking software helps organize and simplify those efforts. Using this kind of solution allows companies to spend their marketing dollars wisely. This software can show businesses which marketing campaign changes should be made to help the brand convert more customers and, thus, become successful.
Benefits of Inbound Call Tracking Software
There are many advantages to using inbound call tracking software. Here are some of the top benefits:
- Identify the marketing channels that provide more success: There are many marketing channels available, but wasting money on the wrong ones won’t bring in customers or sales. Using inbound call tracking software helps brands identify the right channels to use, so they waste less money and get more return on investment.
- Gather important data: Companies can gather important data related to their calls and potential customers by using inbound call tracking software. It can be difficult to gather this kind of data without software.
- Learn more about your target customer: You can also learn so much more about your target market as you track and record calls and adjust your marketing messaging.
- Waste less time and money: With the use of inbound call tracking solutions, brands can waste less time and money on marketing campaigns that aren’t successful.
- Help callers faster: Inbound call tracking software also includes tools to make it easier to help potential customers. With features like call routing and call recording, companies can meet the needs of their customers more efficiently.
Must-Have Features of Inbound Call Tracking Software
When investing in inbound call tracking software, it’s important to pick a feature-packed option. It also must meet your company’s needs and expectations. Here are some of the most important features:
- Call tracking tools: It should be easy to see where calls are coming from and which marketing channels or campaigns they’re originating from so that you can improve your brand’s marketing efforts.
- Call routing capabilities: It should also be easy to get the caller to the right representative. Inbound call tracking software with routing tools makes this simple.
- Reporting tools: It can be hard to run marketing campaigns successfully without relevant data. Inbound call tracking software should include built-in reporting tools that show data in a way that is easy to digest.
- Call recording capabilities: Having the ability to record calls is another must. This makes it possible for team members to go back to a call to learn from mistakes or from a customer’s suggestions or comments.
- Campaign attribution: This kind of software should also make it easy to see which calls are coming in from different campaigns and which campaigns result in the most return on investment.
The Cost of Inbound Call Tracking Software
The cost of inbound call tracking software varies greatly. Some companies charge a monthly subscription fee. Others charge a monthly subscription fee plus additional usage costs based on the number of calls that come in or the number of minutes used. Many companies offer the ability to use multiple phone numbers for different campaigns, built into the monthly subscription costs.
It’s not uncommon for inbound call tracking software companies to offer free trial periods. In most cases, companies provide a free trial period of at least 14 days, but 30 days is more common. A few companies offer only a demo. Users can expect to pay more if they’re a large agency with many users and need to run many campaigns.
This kind of software generally costs at least $25 per month and can cost upward of $200 each month. Inbound call tracking software with many features made for large agencies can cost $500 or more per month. Many providers offer a discount on pricing when clients agree to annual billing.
Before investing in inbound call tracking software, businesses should consider their needs and see which features are offered and what limitations might exist. This way, they invest in software that meets their needs and their budget.