Bottom line: GetResponse is a sales and marketing platform that empowers businesses to grow by engaging online audiences everywhere through tools like landing pages, pop-ups, forms, funnels, and marketing automation.
Who should choose GetResponse? Entrepreneurs, marketers, and large companies. GetResponse’s tools and features help you empower your business on each phase of its growth.
What we like about GetResponse
- “Free forever” plan: GetResponse offers a free plan with useful features to help businesses start marketing easily.
- Great tech support: Despite not having a phone support option, GetResponse’s customer service is helpful and available around the clock, 365 days a year.
- Good, simple interface: GetResponse’s well-laid-out interface was easy for me to use and quite intuitive, with powerful and comprehensive features.
- Wider variety of templates: There are more smartly laid out templates to choose from for your emails, making it easy to design your emails with more confidence quickly and seamlessly. Everything is set up to help boost your sales.
What fell flat
- No phone support: While GetResponse offers live chat and email support, telephone support is only available with the Max2 plan. This is especially frustrating when it would be easier to troubleshoot issues over the phone.
- Lacks real contact tagging: GetResponse doesn’t let you properly tag and keep tags on your contacts, which I found makes it hard to reorganize your list.
- Underwhelming analytics: Reporting on GetResponse is inconvenient because the analytics tool is a bit slow and confusing. It was hard for me to analyze my email marketing results, and there was no way to connect completed goals from analytics.
- No automation in the free plan: You can’t set up workflow automation in the free plan, which makes GetResponse a bit pricier than tools like Brevo (formerly Sendinblue).
- Slow loading time: Some GetResponse features — like the drag-and-drop email creator — take longer to get up to speed, which is frustrating when you want to create and send out marketing messages quickly.
GetResponse’s Editorial Review
GetResponse has high overall user ratings, attractive pricing, simple yet powerful features, and good customer support. I found GetResponse to be flexible and easy to use, with a focus on marketing automation.
GetResponse is popular for its marketing automation and helpful daily 24/7/365 support, but consider some of its pros and cons to help you make an informed choice.
“GetResponse is an excellent inbound marketing tool with features you don’t normally find in email marketing software. The visual marketing automation tool and webinar feature are each strong enough to consider getting a subscription for your marketing efforts. If you don’t need those tools and are worried about a learning curve, consider a stricter email marketing platform.”Amy Nichol Smith, Content Marketing Manager
Plans and Pricing
- Good for: Entrepreneurs and small businesses ready to start a marketing plan
- Email marketing (starts at $19 per month)
- Good for: Small businesses, entrepreneurs, and e-commerce sites
- Marketing automation ($59 per month)
- Good for: Small and midsized businesses seeing automation
- E-commerce marketing ($119 per month)
- Good for: E-commerce sites
If your business’s growth relies on lots of sales and marketing campaigns, you need a tool that suits your needs. In GetResponse, I found this and more, with conversion funnels, webinars, a website builder, and marketing automation to beef up your email marketing strategy.
A 30-day free trial is available with these premium features, after which you can upgrade and access even more powerful ones.
There’s a slew of competing sales and marketing platforms on the market. But what makes GetResponse stand out? Here are the top GetResponse features:
GetResponse offers a library of free, pre-designed email templates in five categories: celebrate, educate, promote, sell, and welcome. These professionally designed templates help you get inspiration for your email marketing campaign and save resources and time.
- Browse and pick a template based on your campaign goals
- Customize the template with your content and branding
- Build and curate your template library for future reference
Complete marketing webinar software
You need to get your business in front of your audience (prospects and existing customers). GetResponse’s webinar feature makes this simple to do anytime and anywhere. I found it easy to set up with powerful results with extras like:
- Screen sharing: Show your process and product demos.
- Call-to-action button: Promote special deals or products during webinars.
- On-demand webinars: Repurpose your webinar recordings into on-demand, evergreen content.
- Whiteboard: Conduct live brainstorming sessions and collaborations with your audience.
- Polls and surveys: Collect valuable feedback and data from your audience.
This webinar feature is unique among most email marketing tools. If it’s a feature you plan to use, GetResponse would be a good pick for you.
Conversion funnels with predesigned scenarios
Conversion funnels offer the shortest path to selling your product. In GetResponse, it was simple for me to automate email marketing and webinars, draw the complete buyer journey, and even add payment systems to scale your business.
Each predesigned scenario set features professional sales copy and high-quality designs and images. Your role is to add information about your offers and launch your funnels.
GetResponse provides the following funnels:
- Sales: Sell your product or service online.
- Lead magnet: Generate and grow your leads using magnets.
- List building: Get more signups and build your subscriber list with prospects’ or customers’ email addresses.
- Webinar: Grow and maintain a relationship with your audience while monetizing your expertise.
Free, no-code website builder
GetResponse’s code-free website builder is fairly new but has already received some improvements that help you create a stunning website. You can connect your automated marketing or retargeting campaigns, chats, pop-ups, sign-up forms, and other tools that fuel your business in one spot.
Recent updates to the website builder include:
- Mobile optimizer: Manually adjust the size of your site’s elements like text or header fields for mobile.
- Web push notifications: Engage your website visitors with timely updates, discounts, sales, content, or even recover abandoned carts.
- Header scrolling options: Work out what you want to do with the page header — for instance, fade, disappear, or stay on the top of the screen — after a visitor scrolls down your page.
Visual marketing automation builder
GetResponse offers premade workflow templates with conditions, actions, and filters. I found it easy to create a workflow to reflect my subscriber’s journey or experience.
You can choose from dozens of templates based on your contacts’ actions or create your own from scratch to welcome, win back, upsell, and more.
The workflows have features designed to create effective email drips, such as tags and scores for custom segmentation, automation flows, abandoned cart emails to recover lost sales, website visitor tracking, and automated product recommendations.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, for customer service is hard to beat. In fact, it’s not possible to do any better than that. GetResponse offers a dedicated customer support team. You can easily chat live with a representative and get five-star support. If you want to try and find your own answers, you can search the help center.
GetResponse even offers email support in eight different languages, so you can rest assured that your questions will always be answered.
Compare GetResponse Alternatives
See how GetResponse and the most critical sales and marketing features stack up to competitors:
Email Marketing Platform
Pricing + Basic Plan Features
- Email marketing
- Website builder
- Connect to a domain
- Landing pages
- List for up to 500 contacts
Consider GetResponse if:
You want a flexible and easy to use email marketing tool, with a focus on marketing automation.
- 2,500 monthly email sends
- 500 contacts
- 1 user seat
- Email support for the first 30 days
- Pre-built email templates
- 300+ integrations
- Creative assistant
- Forms and landing pages
- Basic reporting and analytics
Consider Mailchimp if:
You want all the marketing and commerce tools you need to help you launch, build, and grow your business.
$9.99 per month
- Email templates
- Post to social media pages
- Signup forms
- Integrations with Shopify, Etsy, WooCommerce and other popular tools
- Phone and live chat support
Consider Constant Contact if:
You’re just starting your marketing campaigns or small business and have a tight marketing budget.
Frequently Asked Questions About GetResponse
What Is GetResponse used for?
GetResponse is a powerful and simplified tool that helps you create a valuable marketing and mailing list of prospects, clients, and partners. You can also send emails, create landing pages, automate marketing, and build relationships.
Is GetResponse free to use?
GetResponse has a free forever plan designed to easily get your business online. The plan offers a host of marketing features, including a website builder, email marketing, landing pages, connection to a domain, and a list of up to 500 contacts. You can upgrade to their reasonably priced premium plans when you’re ready to take your marketing or business to the next level.
Is GetResponse’s website builder good?
GetResponse offers a simple, free website builder with templates, which you can use to design professional sites without coding knowledge or previous web design experience.
How much is GetResponse a month?
GetResponse’s pricing plans include a free-forever plan, paid plans starting at $13.30 per month, and the Max2 plan, which offers custom solutions for your business. All plans include email marketing, a website builder, sign-up and contact forms, landing pages, domain connection, and a list for up to 500 contacts.
Does GetResponse have a CRM?
Although GetResponse is a fully-managed marketing automation tool, it doesn’t come with a built-in customer relationship management (CRM) feature. However, the platform offers CRM integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Marketing Automation.
How I Rated GetResponse
I test sales and marketing tools based on the following factors:
- Sale management: Does the platform offer sales tools to help with lead management and closing deals? What are its features?
- Ease of use: Is the platform simple to set up and use?
- Customization and automation: Can you tailor the software to your business needs?
- Integrations and analytics: Does this software integrate easily with other business tools, and will its reporting features fit your needs?
- The support provided: How easy is it to get help?
- Free trial: Is a no-cost trial or demo offered?
Learn more about our review methodology.