Last Updated on February 9, 2021
UltraCart is a full-featured e-commerce site builder that allows you to integrate online shopping features into your website or blog in multiple ways. You can add just a simple button to your page, or you can add a full-featured shopping cart and checkout process.
As a fully-fledged e-commerce platform, UltraCart ships with everything you need to manage your business on the back-end:
- Orders: manage your orders and shipping processes and conduct fraud reviews
- Customers: allow your customers to store their information, view previous orders, and write product reviews
- Reports: run reports on things like sales, inventory, and customers to see how your business is doing
- Affiliate Marketing: implement your own affiliate marketing program
- Accounting: download sales information automatically into QuickBooks
- Fulfillment: integrate with your fulfillment partners, including third-party shippers.
- PCI Certified Security, so your customers can be assured their payment information stays safe
- Mobile Commerce, so your shoppers can make purchases even on mobile devices
- Multiple StoreFronts, so that you can manage multiple stores from a single UltraCart
- Internationalization, so you can implement automatic translations to reach the largest possible audience
- Search Engine Optimization, so you can edit your dynamic meta tags, custom URLs, canonical links, and so on, to ensure that your site ranks as well as possible in search engine results.
If there are any features that you need, but aren’t included with UltraCart, you can easily integrate with third parties for call center service (Impulse Response or TeleDirect), marketplaces (Amazon or eBay), CRM (HubSpot or SalesForce), payment processors (PayPal), marketing (Emma, Lyris, or MailChimp), and fulfillment (Capacity, CreateSpace, or Chief Media).
Ways to Sell with UltraCart
When using UltraCart, there are many ways for you to get up and running.
You can use UltraCart’s StoreFront feature, which gives you complete control over your website’s features, look and feel, contain, and domain name. You can think of StoreFront as a full content management system, but with an emphasis on e-commerce.
You don’t have to have any technical knowledge or design experience to use StoreFront. All of the themes included in the StoreFront feature provide all of the e-commerce functionality you need without you having to install plugins or write code.
To help you build your storefront quickly, UltraCart ships with customizable themes that you can edit and turn into a responsive website. Currently, there are seven options from which you can choose. This is the easiest method by which you can get up and running.
StoreFront comes with a visual, WYSIWYG editor that allows you to make changes and view them instantaneously. You can edit content directly on your pages, and the editor comes with powerful elements, such as item lists, search, sliders, experiments, menus, and more. With this feature you can add a slider to your homepage, embed your Twitter feed into your footer, or add a mailing list signup form to your page.
All users of StoreFront get access to Pixabay and Unsplash, which are image galleries that provide stock photos you can use on your site (of course, you can always use your own images).
Unlike many other e-commerce builders that support responsive websites, StoreFronts allows you to control how the mobile-friendly versions of your site look to your visitors. You can do this by adjusting the width of each display column visually in the theme editor.
If you have an existing website or blog, you can add a mobile-friendly, secure checkout experience using UltraCart’s Buy Buttons. Buy Buttons allow you to add products to your existing page without implementing a full e-commerce solution. This only requires embedding four lines of code onto your page.
Buy Buttons are fully compatible with all major content management systems, such as Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress. The Buy Button gets you pretty much all of the features available to those using StoreFront, but instead of using its design and website building features, you’ll use your pre-existing blog or website.
To get you started, UltraCart provides robust code samples via its GitHub code repository.
Integrating with Marketplaces
UltraCart makes it easy for you to sell on third-party marketplaces, such as Amazon or eBay. UltraCart connects with the marketplace, allowing you to list products, update inventory, and process refunds using the UltraCart interface. To implement this integration, you’ll do so using standard API credentials. You do not have to install any software or plug-ins.
By using UltraCart’s integrations, you can take advantage of the checkout processes offered by Amazon or eBay while also using UltraCart’s tools to manage everything related to your business on the back-end, such as inventory and fulfillment.
If you’re an existing WordPress user, UltraCart offers a WordPress-specific plugin that allows you to add an online store to your site. You’ll get access to the full UltraCart platform, while keeping the flexibility of creating and hosting your site using WordPress.
Pricing and Billing
All new users to UltraCart get a free, 30-day trial. At the end of your trial period, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid subscription to continue using UltraCart, which you’ll pay for on a monthly basis.
The exact amount you’ll pay per month depends on the number of items you’re selling and your profit amount. The current pricing tiers are as follows:
- 0 – 250 items or $0 – $50,000
- 250 – 500 items or $50,001 – $70,000
- 1001 – 5000 items or $100,001 – $150,000
Vendors conducting over $150,000 worth of business per month should contact UltraCart for a quote.
UltraCart does not charge any type of per transaction fees.
Premium Content Integrations
Premium integrations are optional UltraCart features. Using these features adds an additional cost on top of the base subscription fees:
- Digital Content Delivery: sell digital content to your customers
- Email Marketing: deliver professional text- and HTML-based emails to your customer base while recording statistics (such as open and click-through rates) and routing replies
- UltraShip: organize your orders if you’re doing in-house shipping and fulfillment
- Google Shopping Data Feed: integrate with Google Shopping so that UltraCart can periodically transmit your information to Google so that your products display in search results
- Custom SSL Certificates: get an SSL certificate with your details on it to reassure your customers that you’re a legitimate business that will handle their information appropriately
- Order Retention: retain one year of order history for your site.
Technical Support and Customer Service
UltraCart maintains a set of FAQs, as well as in-depth documentation (both for developers and non-technical users). UltraCart also maintains a YouTube channel of tutorials.
If you’re an existing user, you can contact the 100% US-based support team via UltraCart’s merchant’s area, email, Skype, or telephone.
UltraCart is a full-featured e-commerce site builder that comes with multiple ways for you to get your site up and running. UltraCart is a full content management system/site builder, so you can use the product even if you don’t have an existing website or blog. If you do, however, you can easily integrate UltraCart with your page and take full advantage of UltraCart’s back-end features, such as order and inventory management and fulfillment services. With this option, you can add as little as a simple “Buy It Now” button or you can add product pages. UltraCart also allows you to fully customize your checkout process so that you can build the checkout flow needed for your business.
All in all, UltraCart is a good option for small businesses looking to get started with ecommerce, especially since its tiered pricing plans means that you don’t have to spend a lot of money for features you don’t necessarily need at the beginning.