In addition to their popular domain registration and web hosting services, GoDaddy offers a tool that you can use to build your website — and the ecommerce version of this tool is particularly impressive.
From web design to order fulfillment to marketing, this solution gives you everything you need to succeed in the ecommerce industry.
As far as pricing goes, you can set up yourFr site with the GoDaddy Online Store app for free, but to actually start selling you’ll need to upgrade to the GoDaddy Website Builder’s Ecommerce plan for $24.99 per month.
We’ll go over everything else you should know about this online store builder below.
First, it should be noted that the GoDaddy Website Builder’s Ecommerce plan provides you with much more than just the GoDaddy Online Store app. You’ll get features for creating, managing, and marketing any kind of website, such as:
- Connect a custom domain to your site
- Manage and edit your website on the go from a smartphone or tablet
- Free SSL certificate
- The ability for visitors to book one-time appointments and recurring appointments over your website
- Automated email and text appointment reminders
- 25,000 email marketing sends per month
- A branded content creator, Over by GoDaddy
- One year of free Microsoft 365 email
- A built-in website optimizer for search engines such as Google and Bing
- Reports and analytics, including a score that indicates how your web presence compares to similar businesses and an action plan that shows you how to improve
- 24/7 phone support
Many of these features are included with other versions of the GoDaddy Website Builder. The features that are exclusive to the Ecommerce plan include:
- Add and edit product listings, complete with product images, prices, and descriptions
- Offer shipping options such as free shipping, for-a-fee shipping, and curbside pickup — GoDaddy Online Store allows you to ship via USPS or UPS, which both offer domestic and international shipping
- Easily add discounts and other promotions with automatic price adjustments and banner displays
It’s also easy to manage your ecommerce business with the GoDaddy Website Builder, as the most important information regarding your store’s performance (orders, reviews, etc.) is conveniently displayed in a single dashboard.
GoDaddy offers a variety of templates that you can use to quickly set up your store. Many of these templates are designed for specific niches within the ecommerce industry, including:
- Fashion & beauty
- Health & fitness
- Restaurants & food
- Automotive & cars
- Real estate
- Professional services
GoDaddy also offers a broader “Online Store” section in their template library, which is useful for ecommerce businesses that don’t fall into any of these predefined categories. Overall, GoDaddy offers a wide selection of templates, so just about every type of ecommerce merchant should be able to find a great fit for their store.
While the other versions of the GoDaddy Website Builder only allow you to accept payments over PayPal, with the Ecommerce plan you can also accept payments through all major credit cards, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. Some online shoppers will only make a purchase if their preferred payment method is available — the more payment options you offer on your store, the more likely it is that any given visitor can be converted into a customer.
For each of these payment methods, you’ll be charged a fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 for each transaction.
If you’re only selling your products on your own storefront, then you’re missing out on a lot of potential sales. Social media platforms and other third-party channels give you an opportunity to find new customers and generate more revenue.
GoDaddy Online Store allows you to connect your product catalog to Amazon, Walmart, Facebook, Instagram, eBay, and Etsy. Your orders and inventory will sync automatically, and you’ll be able to manage everything from the GoDaddy Website Builder dashboard. Also, GoDaddy Online Store allows you to promote your products on Google Shopping for free.
Several Tools for the Price of One
The bottom line is that the GoDaddy Website Builder’s Ecommerce plan provides you with a whole lot of value.
$24.99 per month is an excellent price for GoDaddy Online Store alone. But with the Ecommerce plan, you also get several tools that other platforms would require you to purchase separately, such as the email marketing tool, appointment booking system, and SEO optimizer. If you were looking for a great deal on an ecommerce solution, you just found it.