Bottom line: You want to use CamelCamelCamel for your e-commerce business to hone your competitive edge. While price isn’t the only thing people consider when they buy, it’s almost always an important factor they consider. If you can offer the best prices for quality products because you used CamelCamelCamel, what do you have to lose? From what we can see ― nothing.
Who should choose Camelcamelcamel? E-commerce businesses can benefit from CamelCamelCamel since it gives them a competitive edge in pricing.
What we like about Camelcamelcamel
- It’s Free: CamelCamelCamel is a free price tracking tool for products sold on Amazon marketplaces in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, and Australia.
- It’s Used by Millions: The price-tracking website receives millions of visits every month.
- It Saves Money: CamelCamelCamel is very popular among buyers because it saves them money by giving them timely information about the best prices of similar products on Amazon.
- The Camelizer: CamelCamelCamel also has a browser extension called The Camelizer for added convenience. You can install it on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Edge and use it immediately with your free account.
What fell flat
- Integrations: Unfortunately, CamelCamelCamel doesn’t integrate with every e-commerce platform.
- Inaccurate: A number of users have complained about inaccurate pricing and that CamelCamelCamel doesn’t include shipping costs in the pricing.
Camelcamelcamel’s Editorial Review
CamelCamelCamel is a free web-based price tracking site for Amazon products in the U.S., U.K., Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, and Australia. In simple terms, you tell CamelCamelCamel what price you would like for a specific product on Amazon, and it notifies you when the product price gets to that level. You can also analyze historical trends for the product to check for seasonality and other pricing factors.
Plans and Pricing
The most obvious reason to use CamelCamelCamel is that it’s free, and you have nothing to lose and much to gain by using it.
CamelCamelCamel offers a single plan:
- Basic (Free)
- Good for: Buyers and sellers who want to know the best prices across a variety of e-commerce platforms.
CamelCamelCamel is a free tool that delivers more than you would expect. It’s a straightforward price tracking website specific to Amazon, helping Amazon sellers stay competitive by keeping up with those pesky price changes in real-time.
Using any price tracking tool for buyers and e-commerce businesses has one distinct benefit: Awareness.
CamelCamelCamel provides price changes on select Amazon marketplaces in real-time or as close as it can get to that, given that it’s a third-party service provider.
Buyers use CamelCamelCamel to avoid the dreaded buyers’ remorse when they find out too late that they could have paid less for a product they just purchased.
CamelCamelCamel also allows buyers to hold off on a purchase until a product’s price hits their sweet spot, preventing impulse buying and saving them money.
The benefits of this type of awareness for sellers are significant. Imagine that you’re selling a product at the lowest price of $20 on Amazon, and suddenly another seller undercuts you by selling the same product at $19.99. It might seem like a trivial amount, but you need to contend with the effects of psychological pricing.
For e-commerce businesses operating on and off Amazon, monitoring the prices on the platform gives them a competitive edge. If you sell on Amazon, you can set the Price Watch to track a specific product by putting in the URL or Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) or generating a product list by keyword.
You can then select a price to watch, and CamelCamelCamel notifies you when the product price reaches that level.
CamelCamelCamel also shows you the price history of millions of products on Amazon. With these historical charts, you can map out product trends over time.
Price Drop Alerts
Amazon and other e-commerce platforms are always changing prices.
CamelCamelCamel price drop alerts has value because Amazon keeps the marketplace competitive by adjusting prices every 15 minutes. If you find that a product you sell is for a certain price on Amazon, there’s a good chance that’s the price to beat.
Business owners who make frequent purchases will find CamelCamelCamel particularly useful. A cool feature of CamelCamelCamel that’s very popular with buyers is the Wishlist Import.
You can import your Amazon Wishlist ― or any publicly available Amazon list ― by going to your Account, selecting Wishlists, and submitting the URL. Click on “Add Wishlist” so it can import the products and synchronize them with your account to track them.
CamelCamelCamel only monitors prices on Amazon, but it’s certainly not the only place where you can use the pricing information you get. You can use CamelCamelCamel to monitor or base your pricing decisions on other marketplaces like eBay or your e-commerce website.
Weebly, for instance, offers many features to help you build, sell, and promote on the platform, and it even has website analytics tools to help you grow your business.
However, nothing on Weebly’s list of features, free or paid, includes an option to track the prices of other sellers anywhere. That’s true for most of the top e-commerce platforms.
Unfortunately, CamelCamelCamel doesn’t integrate with every e-commerce platform. But, its browser extension makes that a moot point. If you need to track prices for your e-commerce business, you can do that from any CamelCamelCamel supported browser.
Using CamelCamelCamel is just like using any other web-based tool. There are no additional security threats outside normal usage.
Here’s how it works:
CamelCamelCamel is very easy once you have signed up for a free account, although you don’t even have to do that to track products. You can add the CamelCamelCamel RSS feed to your newsreader to monitor a product’s price.
If you want to do some product research, check out the “Popular” and “Top Drops” tabs.
Clicking on the Popular tab lists products with the best prices for all or select categories. The Top Drops are products with prices that dropped the most for a specific period, such as one day.
However, an email address is necessary if you want to receive notifications. When you create a CamelCamelCamel account, it provides you with a dashboard to access all the features.
If you click on Your Price Watches, you can add a product and choose to track the Amazon Price, Third-Party Price (New), or Third Party Price (Used). When looking for a product to sell, you can check on Popular.
The menu is self-explanatory, so you simply need to explore each tab to find out what it can do. The most important, of course, is “Your Price Watches.”
Created and launched in 2008 by programmer Daniel Greene, it worked off the Amazon Product Advertising API until 2020 but switched to a private application programming interface (API).
Compare Camelcamelcamel Alternatives
Pricing + Basic Plan Features
What To Do Next?
Start your Amazon or e-commerce business today if you haven’t already, and sign up for CamelCamelCamel. This price tracking tool can help you maximize your profits by providing you with real-time data on the best prices for products on Amazon.
If you can’t decide whether to sell on Amazon or build an e-commerce site, check out the pros and cons of each option. You can also get some great tips for starting your e-commerce business and selling on Amazon.
How I Rated Camelcamelcamel
I test e-commerce providers based on the following factors:
- Value: What do you get for each plan — and does it hit that sweet spot of cost ratio to features?
- Ease of use: Is it simple to use the platform with intuitive tools, familiar interfaces, and supportive tutorials or tours?
- Features: Does the platform offer tools that support your business, including marketing integrations, plug-ins, reporting, and management? How effective are the features?
- Security: Which measures does the platform take to protect your business? Does it offer Payment card industry (PCI) compliance and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates?
- Support and improvements: How well does the platform help when you need it? And will it continue to grow with your needs?
Learn more about our review methodology.