What Is Work Order Software?
Work order software is essentially a program with which maintenance managers can create and manage work orders and schedule services. The software includes a dashboard where you have access to up-to-date work order information. In particular, it generates a portal where you have centralized access to all pertinent info.
Access to the software is typically available not only through desktops but also via mobile devices to assist managers with maintenance-related tasks. Such programs can have positive long-term effects on a company by creating an automated and ready-to-go system that reduces the chance of errors.
Keeping track of orders or when to schedule maintenance can often go awry, especially during busy periods. By having a single place where you can manage all of your tasks, you can increase performance and reduce costs.
Free demos and trial periods are offered before any commitment is necessary. Depending on your business needs, you can subscribe to different software plans that only require monthly payments.
Benefits of Work Order Software
Regardless of your company’s size, implementing work order software can provide you with many benefits that will simplify tasks and increase efficiency.
- Efficiency: The idea behind any software system you might use for business purposes is to increase efficiency and reduce unnecessary time spent on arduous tasks.
- Reduced paperwork: Whether you’re interested in making your business more eco-friendly or dealing with the challenge of keeping track of so much paperwork, using work order software will make your life much easier.
- A centralized system: It can be hard to keep track of your employees, orders, and reports while managing day-to-day business. Through the use of a centralized system that stores all your data, you’ll be able to access everything you need and save time.
- Tracking: Measuring performance is a vital aspect of any business. Using work order software provides management with real-time updates on their business. This feature is useful not only on a daily basis but also for making decisions based on previous results.
- Improve budgeting: These software programs keep records of everything, allowing management to create or adjust budgets based on collected data.
Must-Have Features for Work Order Software
Depending on your company, you might require different features to help optimize organization, time management, and day-to-day tasks. However, there are a few features that are essential to any company looking for a new work order software:
- Detailed reports: Viewing trends in your business and tracking KPIs are essential for any business. In particular, software that then analyzes the accumulated reports provides helpful insights that can be used for future business decisions.
- Intuitive and user-friendly: The reason behind paying for work order software is to ultimately save you time. Complicated software is often abandoned by businesses when they feel the program isn’t intuitive and simple to understand. Not only does each new software require staff training, but, if the employee can’t manage their tasks quickly and efficiently, it becomes more of a hindrance than a tool.
- Customer support: Understanding a new program can take time. While the company may have tried to make it as user-friendly as possible, you’ll often encounter a challenge or two. That’s why you’ll want to make sure you’re able to easily get in touch with an expert whenever you need assistance.
- Mobile access: While this is not mandatory, direct access on the move is a major benefit to anyone.
- Recurring work orders. It helps managers schedule tasks in advance to save time such as preventive maintenance.
The Cost of Work Order Software
Most of the reviewed work order software products provide you with various payment options that cater to your specific needs. Programs that offered a more comprehensive range of features tended to have a range of package deals from which customers can choose.
Users are typically charged every month per user. The average cost of the program ranged between $30 and $40 at the most basic level. Meanwhile, the most expensive fees were found to be at $199 per month for access to the most premium package. However, there are some exceptions we’ve seen that charge you a single annual bill.
Moreover, a number of them offer personalized plans that are designed to fit your specific needs. While this can certainly be beneficial if you’re looking for specialized features, this does mean that you won’t know any pricing information until you sign up.
Luckily, all the reviewed work order software products provide you with a demo or a free trial period that lets you test out the program before committing to it. This way, you can get a bit of experience and make sure it includes all the necessary features for your business.