Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported, which means we earn commissions from links on Digital. Commissions do not affect our editorial evaluations or opinions.
We’ve chosen Joy as the top wedding website builder because it’s free, feature-rich, and customizable to match your needs. However, it’s not the only excellent option out there–Minted and The Knot came in at #2 and #3. They’re easy to use but come with different features depending on what you care about most.
Best Wedding Website Builders: Our Shortlist
Digital.com dives deep into every topic it covers to offer trusted and reliable recommendations for the best business tools. See how we review wedding website builders.
Tips From an Expert
Think about what matters most to you.
A wedding website builder helps you create a hub for both planners and attendees to access relevant information about your big day. Its sole purpose is to assist with planning and ensure everything goes to plan. Guests can get access to key details via your website, including the dress code, travel plans, gift registry, and important dates. Some sites even let guests post their own stories and well-wishes to the new couple to serve as a keepsake.
Each website builder is different, so it’s important to understand what features matter the most to you and choose the one that either already includes or lets you add them.
The Top Wedding Website Builders of 2023
#1 Top Pick for 2023
Joy has thought of every detail you’d possibly need in a wedding website builder, from tracking plus-ones, scheduling rehearsals, building schedules for guests, travel recommendations, and integrations with travel booking tools.
– Collaborative edits
– Wedding party bios
– Personal mobile app
Reasons to choose Joy
- All the tools you need
- Free personalized mobile app
- Hundreds of beautiful templates
- CSS customization if you want it
Reasons to avoid
- Support isn’t 24/7
- Can feel overwhelming
Joy provides everything you need in a single site to plan and organize your wedding. It has a host of tools, like a guest list checkoff, save the dates, and invitations. You can also create a template for hotel accommodations and shuttle listings and put all your wedding registries in one place.
Another unique feature of Joy is that you can stream your event for family and friends who live far away and are unable to attend.
Free templates are available to get you started, with the option to add extra features such as photo galleries, live slideshows, and RSVPs. You can share your site through social media and choose whether you want your event to be public or private. Joy is free to use, as the company makes money from the commissions they earn through registries.
- Personal consultations if desired
- Includes videos, photo galleries, and more
- Option to purchase coordinating stationary
– RSVP tracking
– Custom pages
– Premium domain
– Multiple layouts
Reasons to choose Minted
- Massive template library
- Step-by-step guided process
- 1:1 help is affordable if you need it
Reasons to avoid
- Not all features are free
- Seems limited in comparison to others
Minted lets you create a wedding website for free. You can choose from hundreds of designs that match the style and tone of your wedding or load custom artwork and make the website completely original. With each template, there are multiple color schemes or you can use your own.
You can arrange the site design and layout according to your personal preferences, as well as create printed cards and custom stationary to match your wedding website.
There are also options to add information about travel and accommodation or share your story via photos and videos.
A premium builder priced at $15 lets you add password protection, gives you custom pages, and lets you choose a premium URL so your website’s easer to find. While the site builder itself is free, you can upgrade for those premium features or purchase a personal consultation with an expert for $49 if you need help.
- Straightforward drag-and-drop editor
- No design or tech experience required
- Built-in directory of vendors
– High-quality templates
– Schedule builder
– Live streaming
– Centralized registry
Reasons to choose The Knot
- Live streaming settings
- Hundreds of designer templates
- Unique timeline view
- Find photographers, cakes, venues, DJs, florists, and more
Reasons to avoid
- Support isn’t 24/7
- Not as customizable as others
The Knot was specifically designed to help couples organize and share their special day with family and friends. The website builder includes hundreds of designs that can be customized to make the site completely your own. You can choose a personalized URL, a custom cover photo, and a unique color scheme for each site.
The site is so easy to use that even those with little or no design experience can get a website up and running. You also have access to hundreds of vendors that can assist with everything from wedding planning to flowers.
The Knot lets you integrate your registries, add your dates, and view a timeline of the special event. The site also makes it easy to coordinate hotel rooms and meals and even create custom invitations for printing. Additionally, The Knot has a blog where you can find answers to common questions about building a site.
The wedding website builder is free to use, but you can purchase a custom domain name for $19.99 if you’d like.
- Easy collaboration with vendors
- Checklist builder for managing tasks
- Custom seating chart & budgeting tools
– Travel tools
– Vendor management
– Guest list tracker
– Create a registry
Reasons to choose WeddingWire
- Extensive vendor management
- Pre-built ultimate wedding checklist
- Choose your URL for free
- Very easy website builder
- Free planning tools
Reasons to avoid
- Can feel overwhelming
You can plan and organize your wedding and find the vendors you need to complete the task through WeddingWire. Create a checklist to help you remember what tasks you’ve accomplished, or organize your guest list and create seating charts.
The website includes community advice from others who’ve used the software, and you can browse a list of weddings and review how WeddingWire made the day special. You can also read blog posts that contain ideas and tips from wedding experts to get inspired for your own special day.
WeddingWire is free to use and makes it simple to locate specialists in your area who can assist with planning your wedding. Start with a template and add, remove, or move items around to make the site your own.
- Beautiful professional templates
- Upload a video + customize everything
- Match your invites and save-the-dates
– RSVP manager
– Build your registry
– Custom layouts
– Budgeting tools
Reasons to choose Zola
- Venue management tools
- Elegant & exclusive templates
- Easy color & font customization
- Custom domain if desired
Reasons to avoid
- It’s hard to choose a starting point with so many beautiful options
The user interface of Zola is straightforward, making it simple to explore. Zola is the one-stop shop for all your wedding-related needs. The process of creating a wedding registry and online website is made simple and fun for today’s busy couples thanks to its innovative features.
Wedding websites are entirely free to build, plus you can choose from more than 200 elegant templates. From there, it’s easy to customize your colors, fonts, and photos as you’d like.
Aside from your website, there are budgeting, guest list, and venue management tools, too.
Compare Wedding Website Builders
What You Need to Know
What are the benefits of wedding website builder software?
Using a wedding website builder can bring a wealth of benefits. Some of these include the following:
- Couples on a budget can save money on expensive invites and follow-ups by creating and sending them digitally.
- Connecting with friends and family online can translate into a larger and quicker response rate.
- When planning the reception dinner, you can inquire about dietary restrictions or requirements so you get a better idea of what meals you need to order.
- It’s also possible to track RSVPs so you know exactly who is going to attend.
- Communicating online allows you to inform guests of last-minute changes, such as the need to move the ceremony under cover or indoors in the event of inclement weather.
- As long as you have a reliable internet connection, a website builder lets you access your wedding details from anywhere.
- You also can include more details about the event than you can on a traditional wedding invitation. You can include detailed directions to the event, inform guests about your wedding colors or the dress code, or provide accommodation information for a destination wedding.
How much does wedding website builder software cost?
Most couples get everything they need for their wedding website at no cost. Some wedding website builders charge fees for premium features or custom domains (around $20 per year), but most features and design tools are entirely free.
Do I need to make my wedding website private?
Privacy worries are understandable, especially if a search engine may find your wedding webpage online. The best way to safeguard your site is to make sure it’s not indexed by search engines & secure it with a password that only your visitors will know.
Is having a wedding website worth it?
Having a wedding website is not only less expensive and more environmentally friendly, but it is also a more effective method to keep track of your plans. You can use it as the central location to manage every aspect of your wedding from one place and provide updates or alterations to the event.
How do I choose a wedding website builder?
A wedding website builder should make it as easy as possible for you to organize details of the event. Here are some must-have features that you should look out for when comparing software:
- The ability to design your page according to the color scheme and style of your wedding
- The option to add a photo gallery or video of your special day
- Drag-and-drop features that allow you to customize your page without any coding experience
- The option of creating digital invites and RSVPs that merge with a database
- The ability to create a timeline of events to keep track of major milestones
- Easy access to technical support to get any questions answered
How We Review Wedding Website Builders
Planning and sharing information about your special day on your own can seem overwhelming at first. However, a wedding website builder can simplify the process and take the stress out of organizing and communicating information about your big day.
There are many wedding website builders out there with multiple features to choose from. It can seem overwhelming to find the one that meets your needs at a price you can afford. We researched a selection of the most popular wedding website builders based on the following criteria:
- Drag-and-drop editor — A drag-and-drop editor makes it easy for anyone without a background in web design to customize their website as they please. You can choose a basic layout and then drag preset elements where you want them. In short, you create a web page that’s as unique and personal as your big day.
- Wedding features — Managing everything from the smallest to the largest details of the wedding, whether RSVP tracking or a gift registry, can be a mammoth task. Depending on what you wish to use the website for, the website builder should have tools that can help you oversee the various aspects without requiring you to manually keep track of everything.
- Privacy controls — No matter how big or small, a wedding is a personal event. Privacy controls let you choose what data others can see on your website. It’s important to keep personal information like names, attendee details, locations, and dates hidden from search engines.
Learn more about our review methodology.