Note: GoDaddy Central is no longer available. GoDaddy now has an all-in-one website builder – GoDaddy Websites + Marketing – that is not only a website builder, but also provides other marketing tools and services.
You’re probably aware of GoDaddy’s domain registration and web hosting services, but did you know that they also offer website building and marketing tools as well?
GoDaddy Websites + Marketing is an all-in-one solution that offers everything you need to create your site and attract new visitors. Its features include a user-friendly site builder, an email marketing tool, a branded content creator, social media integrations, and much more.
Below, we’ll go over everything else you need to know about GoDaddy Websites + Marketing.
The free version of GoDaddy Websites + Marketing includes the following features:
- One website with hosting
- Access to a library of designer-made templates
- A content creation tool, Over by GoDaddy
- The ability for your visitors to book one-time appointments over your website
- The ability to accept payments over PayPal
- Limited social media and email marketing
- Free SSL certificate
- Reports and analytics, including a numerical score that indicates how your web presence ranks against similar businesses
- 24/7 customer support
There are also four premium versions of GoDaddy Websites + Marketing: Basic, Standard, Premium, and Ecommerce.
The Basic plan costs $9.99 per month. While the free version of GoDaddy Websites + Marketing will not allow you to connect your site to a custom domain, the Basic plan does allow you to do so. It also includes one year of free Microsoft 365 email.
With the Standard plan, you get additional features such as more email marketing sends per month and a built-in search engine optimizer. This package costs $14.99 per month.
The extra features that come with the Premium plan include group events, appointment reminders, and the ability for your visitors to book recurring appointments over your website. This package costs $19.99 per month.
Finally, upgrading to the Ecommerce plan will cost you $24.99 per month, and it includes a number of features for operating an online storefront: you can add and edit product listings, set up discounts and other promotions, and offer a variety of payment options in addition to PayPal (credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc.).
How to Use GoDaddy Websites + Marketing
Creating your site using GoDaddy Websites + Marketing is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Select a template that you would like to use from GoDaddy’s template library. There are specialized designs for many different types of sites, including photography portfolios, personal blogs, nonprofit organizations, and ecommerce stores.
2. Once you’ve selected your template, you can make it your own by adding content for your specific site.
3. Of course, there’s no point to running a website if you don’t have any visitors. After your site goes live, take advantage of GoDaddy’s marketing tools to drive traffic to your pages.
GoDaddy Websites + Marketing also makes it easy to manage your site, as you can review everything (sales performance, social media presence, etc.) from a single dashboard.
This solution’s marketing capabilities are what really set it apart from your other website building options, so it’s worth looking at these features in more detail:
- Email marketing: Compose and send emails to your customers directly from your GoDaddy dashboard. Depending on your plan, you can send between 100 (Basic) to 25,000 (Premium and Ecommerce) messages per month.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Most of the traffic to your site will likely come from search engines such as Google and Bing. If you subscribe to the Standard plan or higher, you’ll have access to an SEO toolkit that includes keyword suggestions and results page rank tracking, which will help you generate as much search engine traffic as possible.
- Social Media Integrations: You can manage Instagram marketing campaigns and create a listing for your business on Yelp directly through the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing dashboard.
- Reviews Widget: Display reviews from Facebook, Google, or Yelp on your site.
It’s remarkable how many features GoDaddy manages to pack into this one tool. Instead of paying separately for a website builder, email marketing solution, and SEO service, GoDaddy Websites + Marketing provides you with all of these capabilities at one affordable rate.
Even though it’s their most expensive option, the Ecommerce plan stands out as an especially good value. For a fraction of the cost of most ecommerce platforms, this package allows you to set up and manage a fully functional online store. We can’t recommend this plan enough for ecommerce merchants who are on a tight budget.