|Kamatera standout features|
|Performance||Fairly priced high-end hosting|
|Average load time||Approximately 212 ms|
|Average response||Approximately 3 ms|
|Support||24/7 support via live chat, support tickets, phone, and email.|
What Are the Pros and Cons of Kamatera?
Those in need of high-end solutions will be pleased with Kamatera’s many dedicated hosting choices and capabilities, but the platform has its flaws when it comes to domain names, SSIs (server side includes), and more. Weigh the following pros and cons of using Kamatera as your web host before making a final decision.
Pros of Kamatera
- Budget high-end hosting options: Kamatera’s web hosting solutions start at just $4 a month, which is pretty low considering it’s a VPS plan.
- Global data centers: Kamatera has a total of 18 global data centers, including the ones based in Chicago, New York, London, Milan, and Tel Aviv.
- Free site migrations:As long as you have full root access, Kamatera will perform a free migration from cPanel to cPanel or Plesk to Plesk.
- Top-notch customer service: Kamatera has top-notch customer care that is accessible at all hours by live chat, support tickets, phone, and email.
Cons of Kamatera
- No shared hosting plans: Due to its focus on dedicated hosting, Kamatera doesn’t offer any shared hosting plans.
- No SSL certificates: Kamatera does not supply SSL (secure sockets layer) certificates. However, if you have your own, the technical staff can help implement it.
- No domain names: Kamatera doesn’t include a free domain name with its hosting plans, nor does it offer users the ability to purchase a new one.
- No free backups: There is currently no free backup option among the Kamatera web hosting plans. Instead, they provide a more comprehensive paid backup solution that operates daily and stores each for a total of 14 days.
Choice of web hosting panels and OS
Kamatera web hosting enables you to set up your preferred web hosting panel in minutes. The options available are cPanel/WHM (cPanel web host manager) (Linux only), WebsitePanel (Windows only), and Parallels Plesk (Linux or Windows). All of these products are top-of-the-line solutions for hosting websites used by the admins of millions of websites around the globe.
Easy to use, customizable dashboard
One of the features I enjoyed most about Kamatera was the opportunity to create my server-management dashboard. Various modules, such as a server overview, billing, a pie chart of available resources, and other statistical representations, were accessible. It’s completely customizable, enabling you to move modules around in a simple drag-and-drop manner.
Rapid server setup
Kamatera’s intuitive cloud administration panel allowed me to swiftly spin up and replicate servers. It does not need any specialized technological expertise, and every time I got stuck, customer service was there to help me within seconds.
Unlimited scale up and scale out
Kamatera impressed me with its ability to give comprehensive control with the cloud provider’s built-in scalability. With a few clicks of the mouse, I could start with a modest virtual machine and increase to a robust 104 vCPUs and 524 GB RAM per server. Any system resource may be deployed to the account instantaneously and without downtime.
99.9% uptime guarantee
Kamatera ensures that your website will be available and functioning at least 99.9% of the time. That equates to no more than 43 seconds of downtime every day.
Free 30-day trial
If you decide to cancel your Kamatera web hosting subscription before the 30 days are up, the platform won’t charge you anything (apart from the refundable $2 card verification fee). All new clients may take advantage of this offer to test out the whole suite of cloud service products and services risk-free for a full month.
Several cloud CPU types
Kamatera provides four distinct varieties of server CPUs, all of which are cutting-edge Intel Xeon Platinum/Cascade Lake models clocked at 2.7 GHz+ (gigahertz). These range from Availability, which supports 1 vCPU up to 32 vCPUs per server and from 1 GB RAM up to 128 GB RAM per server, to Dedicated, which offers a guaranteed, reserved physical CPU core (two threads). Server configuration starts as little as 1 vCPU and goes up to 20 vCPU; memory can range from 1 GB RAM to 512 GB.
Uptime and reliability
Kamatera had excellent performance in our testing. You can expect fast speeds from sites you host with Kamatera.
Service Level Agreement
Kamatera’s SLA has the expected set of exclusions that roughly translate to “If you break your own web server it’s not our fault,” but there are more than a few additional exclusions that I feel are a bit wide reaching. These include a lot of “Outside of Kamatera’s control” type exclusions. Some are warranted, such as “DNS issues outside the direct control of Kamatera.”
However, other exclusions should be covered under the SLA if Kamatera has some internal redundancy, for example “Downtime caused by any outage or stoppage of network connectivity or infrastructure.” And “at Kamatera’s sole discretion and for any reason” is a bit concerning to me as well. Just be warned that it may be difficult to get a recovery on a breach of SLA due to the breadth of these exclusions.
Site response times
Any web host’s ultimate goal is to provide the quickest TTFB (time to first byte) for its hosted websites. This is how quickly the hosting provider connects to a request and begins to send data. Once the user begins to get data, the content on your page affects how quickly your page is, especially the amount and complexity of the content on your page.
To test Kamatera’s response times, we used third-party tools (such as PageSpeed, above) to analyze a default installation of WordPress. PageSpeed rated our test site’s performance as 99 out of 100, which is nearly perfect.
Kamatera also offers a load balancer as an add-on to further enhance performance and stability. It distributes incoming requests among all available machines to boost performance.
Although Kamatera does not sell or provide SSL certificates, the company’s technical support team can assist you in setting one up.
Kamatera provides customers with industry-leading security against assaults on their cloud servers and private cloud network. For $9 a month, you can install a secure gateway to allow for incoming and outgoing internet access while securing your network infrastructure from threats and undesirable traffic.
Like all top web hosting providers, Kamatera offers comprehensive customer service via various mediums such as a blog, FAQs (frequently asked questions), live chat, support tickets, phone, and email. The operation comprises three departments: sales/account management, technical support, and billing/accounting. The technical support team is accessible around the clock, while the other two are open during business hours, depending on their base location.
I was able to connect with Kamatera support instantly via live chat.
Typically, the Kamatera technical support staff will detect system faults before you become aware of them. In the event of an outage, they immediately begin restoring service so that you may continue without interruption.
The following are a few of Kamatera’s recent product enhancements:
- Continuous technology updates: Kamatera has been at the forefront of adopting and implementing cutting-edge global communications technology to provide IaaS (infrastructure as a service), which was nothing more than a concept only a few years ago.
- Cloud file server: Kamatera is developing a way of cloud data storage that makes information available to servers and applications through networked file systems.
Compare Kamatera Alternatives
Most users will have a positive experience with Kamatera. The company’s excellent focus on dedicated hosting makes it a good fit for various uses. However, before settling on a service provider, it’s always a good idea to weigh your alternatives and choose the one that best suits your needs.
Before deciding if Kamatera web hosting is the best choice, compare it to some of the industry’s other leading names:
Frequently Asked Questions About Kamatera
Where are Kamatera’s data centers?
What is Kamatera’s cheapest hosting plan?
What does Kamatera’s 30-day free trial promo include?
Users would also have full access to all tools in Kamatera’s cloud management platform, the ability to upgrade/downgrade their cloud server up to $100 worth of configuration, and the help of a designated account manager.
And that’s not even considering the round-the-clock availability of the technical support staff, who can be contacted via phone, email, or ticketing.
How easy is it to upgrade at Kamatera?
Which control panels are supported at Kamatera?
Does Kamatera provide free SSL certificates?
How I Rated Kamatera
I test web hosts based on the following factors:
- Plan value: What plans are available, and do they offer a good value?
- Ease of use: Is the dashboard easy to navigate?
- Support: How fast can you get help when needed, and is support genuinely helpful?
- Features: What features does the host offer, and how do they compare to similar competitors?
- Security: Does the host offer SSL certificates, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack protection, backup services, and scans for viruses and malware?
- Speed and uptime: Does the provider offer a fast, stable environment for your website? How does it perform in tests, and what kind of servers does the hosting company use?
- Recent improvements: What has the host done lately to update its technology and services?