|AccuWeb standout features|
|Performance||Reliable, budget-friendly, and scalable hosting|
|Average load time||Approximately 756 milliseconds|
|Average response||Approximately 6 milliseconds|
|Free domain||Yes, with the Enterprise Pro++ plan|
|SSL||Free SSL certificate from LetsEncrypt.org|
|Support||24/7 via phone, live chat, and ticket|
What Are the Pros and Cons of AccuWeb?
AccuWeb’s offers an affordable price, particularly in terms of metrics, location, and plan options. However, I discovered certain limitations that might be deal-breakers for customers that want limitless bandwidth and storage or a website builder. Before deciding on a web host, consider the pros and cons I’ve listed here.
Pros of AccuWeb
- Fantastic customer support: The support crew is available at all hours, with an average response time of only seven seconds. In addition, I saw firsthand that the whole team is committed to clarity and diving to the core of each problem.
- Free migration service: No matter what plan you choose, AccuWeb’s expert data specialists will migrate your website securely and without charge. They presented me with a temporary URL to check out, and after I gave the go-ahead, I switched my site’s domain name from my previous host to AccuWeb hosting.
- Simple upgrades: Upgrading from one AccuWeb hosting plan to another is a breeze; all you have to do is submit a support request, and the company will move your site to a different server without interruption.
Cons of AccuWeb
- Monthly shared hosting costs may add up quickly: One major drawback I’ve discovered is that monthly shared hosting plans are at least 25% more expensive than choosing to pay in advance for a full three years. On the plus side, they provide a 30-day money-back guarantee for individuals who want to check out the service.
- Limitations on things like bandwidth, storage, and more: To be fair, the limits are somewhat high. However, I still find this a con, mainly because many other web hosting providers no longer impose such restrictions.
- No CDN integration included with the most basic package: You’ll need to upgrade to at least the Premium ++ plan to get an integrated content delivery system (CDN).
AccuWeb may be the best web host for: Individuals, freelancers, entrepreneurs, SMEs, SaaS providers, game makers, programmers, and forex traders.
Easy-to-use control panels
A free operating system-specific control panel is included with all hosting plans: cPanel for Linux and Plesk for Windows.
The cPanel interface made it easy for me to manage my server and website’s files, databases, emails, domains, and statistics. With only a single mouse click, I swiftly deployed many applications, including WordPress and Joomla. Additionally, I was able to make use of superb templates provided by the site publishers, which I believe is a terrific resource for anyone who wants to create a website but lacks the time or coding expertise.
Plesk is the best solution for those running their websites on Windows hosting or ASP.NET. It is incredibly adaptable and provides a wide range of features and possibilities. I could quickly add a domain or subdomain to my account and do various tasks, such as generating new email addresses, forwarding and restricting outgoing emails, installing WordPress, and more.
Global server locations
I had the option of hosting my website in 16 regions: four in the United States, five in Europe, three in Asia, and one each within Canada, Australia, and South Africa. Additionally, I conducted a ping test to validate the server’s performance and determine its optimal position.
The number of locations might vary across different web hosting plans. I could only access seven sites with the shared cPanel plans, but all 16 were accessible with the VPS options.
Free daily backups
AccuWeb creates daily backups of all files, emails, and databases and stores each for seven days in a separate server. There was also a secure backup option inside the admin panel that I could use to save a local copy.
Rich knowledge base plus expert support
AccuWeb’s customer service is among the finest in the industry. The platform has thousands of articles readily available in the knowledge base, allowing you to resolve many problems independently. A team of highly qualified specialists, accessible round the clock through live chat, phone, and ticket support, swiftly resolved the remaining issues.
99.9% uptime guarantee
When considering a web host, one of my main priorities is the reliability of the servers. If the server goes down, your website will also go down.
To put it to the test, I used GTmetrix as a website analysis tool to measure AccuWeb hosting’s uptime. The aggregated statistics confirmed the provider’s stellar reliability, as promised by their advertised 99.9% uptime guarantee.
LiteSpeed with LSCache plug-in
All AccuWeb shared hosting plans include a free LSCache plug-in. This comprehensive solution boosts the whole system and includes sophisticated cache management utilities and optimization options. Additionally, Premium ++ and Enterprise Pro ++ plans also come with a free CDN service, which further speeds up loading images, videos, and other large files.
Free SSL certificate
AccuWeb offers free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates with all of its shared hosting plans, greatly enhancing the security of your website. In addition, I could have upgraded to Premium ++ or Enterprise Pro ++ and gotten a free premium SSL. The latter is more effective in terms of search engine optimization (SEO) and is valid for a longer period.
Advanced security features
AccuWeb prioritizes security, beginning with the free SSL certificate and automatic daily backup included with the most basic hosting plan. All the necessary patches are consistently deployed and updated on their host servers, and there is a scanner pre-installed in every hosting account’s to identify and eliminate any dangerous files. Lastly, many AccuWeb services provide sophisticated distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation technologies to protect your website from the most prevalent attacks.
Uptime and reliability
My most recent AccuWeb performance report was outstanding, leaving no question that they are exceeding their 99.9% uptime claim.
Site response times
I ran some tests and found that AccuWeb has a total time of 388 milliseconds and an average connection time of 8 milliseconds. Your site should load extremely quickly.
How you construct your website will also play a role in how long it takes to load. Customers on the Premium ++ plan and above get a free CDN, further increasing speed.
All InterServer plans include a free SSL certificate issued by Let’s Encrypt. Higher-level plans include a premium certificate for improved security and a greater SEO score.
Protecting your data
Depending on where you’re hosting, most of Accuweb’s server options come with Software RAID (redundant array of independent disks) already set up. Levels include RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, or RAID 10. Those that choose Denver as their hosting location will have the option of either hardware or software RAID, based on their requirements.
AccuWeb’s customer service is second to none and available whenever you need them, day or night. This comes from live chat, email, phone, and ticket support. In addition, there is an excellent database with thousands of informative articles.
My interactions with the service staff always resulted in quick resolutions. Agents are well-trained to answer inquiries and will gladly connect you with colleagues in the appropriate division if they feel your question is beyond their expertise.
AccuWeb hosting has recently released many updates to its products, including:
- New anti-spam email protection: AccuWeb recently integrated its anti-spam cloud service with all hosting packages for free, which should offer users a spam-blocking rate of 99.98%.
- New website migration service: AccuWeb offers a free and seamless website migration service to assist you to transfer your domain and all of your content from your current host.
- Free premium SSL for specific plans: All Premium ++ and above plans now include a premium SSL certificate, which has longer validity and a better SEO score than the standard SSL certificate.
- Security features: AccuWeb hosting enhances its security features on a regular basis to ensure the deployment of robust safeguards across all plans.
Compare AccuWeb Hosting Alternatives
Although AccuWeb is one of the best web hosting companies, plenty of other reputable options are available. See how the brand compares to other top-tier hosting companies the team here at Digital.com recommends:
Frequently Asked Questions About AccuWeb
Who is AccuWeb best for?
Is it possible to get a free trial of AccuWeb Hosting?
Where are the AccuWeb servers located?
AccuWeb has data centers in:
- South Africa
- South Korea
Are WordPress sites supported on AccuWeb hosting?
What is the level of AccuWeb’s customer support?
Can you register domain names with AccuWeb?
What free features come with the most basic shared hosting plan?
How I Rated AccuWeb
Due to the vast array of alternatives available and the high caliber of service many firms provide, assessing web hosting providers takes time. To give an accurate appraisal of AccuWeb Hosting, I compared it to other companies across various criteria. This was done through manual and automated testing using third-party services to guarantee the most reliable outcomes.
Whenever I review a company, I do my best to provide an unbiased account of the organization and my experience with its products and services. I spent many hours researching AccuWeb’s features to write this analysis. I also used an account on the platform to learn its features. In addition, I spent time corresponding with customer service and doing various tests to evaluate performance metrics like speed and reliability.
Following this analysis, I feel comfortable giving AccuWeb a 4.8 out of 5 stars. The firm would have scored higher if it offered convenient services like unlimited websites and bandwidth or made website builder templates available at all hosting locations. Looking at the benefits it provides, I was delighted with AccuWeb. I would not hesitate to suggest them to anybody in need of excellent and cost-effective web hosting.