If you collect consumer data, no matter how trivial, you must comply with legal mandates. Failing to do so could incur penalties.
Some of the major data protection laws to abide by include:
- The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) law, which is prevalent in Europe and countries under the European Union
- The CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), which is relevant to the United States
- The COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), an extension of CCPA
- The CalOPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act)
I tested these providers for:
- Legal compliance: Does the generator create a policy for your website, app, blog, or online shop that meets privacy compliance standards local and global data protection laws?
- Updates: Does the generator issue regular compliance updates to the policies it generates? Your policy should always remain updated with continuous monitoring of global data protection laws; a good platform will provide you with real-time notifications, at the very least, when a law changes. Some even provide additional services (like cookie policies) that adhere to the ever-changing privacy protection rules, but at an additional cost.
After testing each provider, I consulted with friends and acquaintances in the field of law to confirm if the clauses included in these policies would hold in court.
Learn more about our review methodology.