Disclosure: Our content is reader-supported, which means we earn commissions from links on Digital. Commissions do not affect our editorial evaluations or opinions.
A Plesk control panel can work on either a Linux or Windows web server. Find out which additional features you may want and our top picks for Plesk web hosting.
Best Plesk Hosting: Our Shortlist
HostGator is our top pick for Plesk hosting. But A2 Hosting and Liquid Web provide suitable Plesk hosting alternatives and may fit your needs better.
Digital.com dives deep into every topic it covers to offer trusted and reliable recommendations for the best business tools. See how we review Plesk hosting providers.
The Top Plesk Hosting Providers of 2023
#1 Top Pick for 2023
Why it’s best: Your choice of control panels with dedicated servers
$2.75 per month
Reasons to choose HostGator
- 24/7 support
- Website builder
- Dedicated servers
Reasons to avoid
- Poor uptime
- Higher renewal rates
HostGator offers a choice of control panels for its dedicated servers. People have given HostGator high marks for its support, uptime, features, and value, so we rate it as another good choice for a dedicated server with Plesk.
HostGator is a good fit for beginners seeking a web host with various features. The customer service and prices are favorable but avoid paying for unnecessary extras. Note there are limitations to the search engine optimizations (SEO) capabilities.
- Outstanding speed
- Premium support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
$4.99 per month
Reasons to choose A2 Hosting
- Provides 24/7/year-round high-quality, with English-speaking, expert support staff available via phone, email, and live chat
- Offers unmanaged and managed plans with plenty of options
- Free solid-state drives (SSDs) are included
Reasons to avoid
- Mod_perl, Plexum, HTMLDoc, PDFLib, MS SQL (Microsoft structured query language), and ColdFusion are not supported
- Only four data center locations available (two in the U.S., one in Europe, and one in Asia).
A2 Hosting has a high-performance SwiftServer platform that boasts page load speeds up to 20 times faster than standard drives. You can install popular extensions through Plesk, including WordPress and My Structured Query Language (MySQL).
A2 is a reliable, affordable hosting company that has fast speeds. The customer service is generally responsive but could use more updated tutorials and documentation.
- Lots of hosting options
- Simple upgrades
- Free anti-spam solution
$4 per month
Reasons to choose Kamatera
- Free site migrations
- Top-notch customer service
- Global data centers
Reasons to avoid
- No shared hosting plans
- No free backups
Kamatera web hosting lets you set up your preferred web hosting panel in minutes. The options available are cPanel web host manager (cPanel/WHM, Linux only), WebsitePanel (Windows only), and Parallels Plesk (Linux or Windows). All of these products are top-of-the-line solutions for hosting websites used by the admins of millions of websites around the globe.
Customers say that Kamatera is easy to use, offers quick setup, has great uptime, and offers standout technical support. However, some users have had problems with minor issues, such as creating invoices through their website.
- DDoS protection
- Integrated firewalls, advanced security
- Daily backups
$149.25 per month (dedicated servers)
Reasons to choose Liquid Web
- GlobalSign Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates are included in all plans
- SSDs are installed on all servers
- Site migration service is available at no extra cost
Reasons to avoid
- High entry-level price
- No free ad credits are offered
Liquid Web is a host geared toward dedicated servers that offer either cPanel or Plesk across its managed hosting plans. This is a good provider if you want the control a dedicated server can offer you. You can also choose cloud virtual private server (VPS) hosting.
Liquid Web is a reputable provider offering dedicated and VPS hosting. The company — geared toward entrepreneurs and small online startups — is easy to use, affordable, and has a great uptime. Billing might be confusing, but it has solid customer service for any issues.
What Is Plesk?
Hosting companies sell their packages based on performance and resources. But for many customers, the control panel offered is a critical factor.
Plesk is one of the most common branded control panels you’ll come across when shopping for a new web host.
“Plesk” is the shortened name for the Parallels Plesk Panel, a control panel used in web hosting. It offers host customers a user-friendly graphical interface that makes website management easier for novices.
Compare Plesk Hosting Plans
What You Need to Know
Why do people use Plesk?
Plesk control panel is 100% automated and includes features that make it easy for you to manage your server and domains. Unique features include migration manager, key auto-update mechanism, auto-component updater, and web-based installation assistance with managing your server and domains. Plesk is a highly stable control panel and is capable of supporting many domains on a single server.
What are the alternatives to Plesk?
The most direct alternative to Plesk is cPanel. Some people claim that getting used to cPanel is easier, as most web hosting service providers install cPanel for their clients. cPanel has powerful tools that perform essential tasks easily and quickly. However, it is not available on Windows. Other Plesk alternatives include open-source control panels like ZPanel, Zentyal, and Vesta.
Can I use Plesk in the cloud?
Plesk is compatible with the cloud as long as it is supported by the operating operating system.
Can I monitor my servers using Plesk?
Yes, Plesk offers mobile monitoring to let you watch your servers 24/7 to fix issues as soon as they arise. Browse the Plesk Server Mobile Monitor page on your Plesk control panel to get your custom link to begin monitoring immediately.
Can I upload data without file transfer protocol (FTP) clients?
Yes. Plesk provides a built-in file manager to manage, upload, move, copy, download, and modify all the files on your hosting package. You can also package several files into a .zip archive.
Can I customize Plesk?
Yes. Plesk can be customized with Virtuozzo software to create a variety of templates. Professional web hosting providers and webmasters can customize the Plesk user interface to make it consistent with their brand’s look.
How We Review Plesk Hosting Services
We selected hosts that offer Plesk along with top features such as free one-year domain registration and advanced security. Then, we cross-checked the best hosts against our massive database of thousands of genuine customer reviews to narrow our list down to the best Plesk hosts.
Some hosting providers only offer Plesk on Windows servers, but you can ask if it’s available to install on Linux servers since that is often an option. When choosing a Plesk hosting company, confirm that it has extras like Power Pack and Kaspersky Anti-Virus to maximize its potential.
It’s important to remember the following factors when choosing your host:
- Updates: It’s best to know how often Plesk updates its existing versions. Moreover, paying attention to how often entirely new versions are released for public use is useful. Be cautious of beta versions.
- Management and support: Ask yourself about your team’s capability to manage your website or project. How much do you rely on your host’s support with Plesk? Some hosts provide significantly more support with control panels than others.
- Extensions: You can never have enough extensions with a control panel. Does your selected host provide Plesk extensions and tools? Some use cases could be encryption, DDoS protection, or website builders.
- Type of hosting: Opting for a package and then realizing its inability to upgrade is terrifying. Ensure your host supports Plesk throughout every hosting plan you may rely on.
- Type of server: Will you be running on a Linux or Windows host? Windows servers exist, but Linux support is more widespread in the industry.
- Pre-installed Plesk: Almost all hosting packages will come with a control panel pre-installed (possible exceptions to this are unmanaged hosting accounts). The most common option is cPanel, but Plesk can also be found on many hosts. While it is possible to purchase a Plesk license on your own and have it installed, it is much faster and easier to choose a hosting company that has it pre-installed and ready to go.
Learn more about our review methodology.