Compare the Best Password Managers
|Password manager||Starting price||Best features|
Best password manager
Why it’s best unlimited:
|$2 per month|
Best premium features
Best privatized option
Best free version
Best setup experience
Best parental controls
|$4.99 per month|
Best open source
Best security bundle
|$2 per month|
What You Need To Know About Password Managers
Are password managers safe?
What is AES 256-bit encryption?
Do password managers get hacked?
What are the disadvantages of password managers?
How I Rated the Best Password Managers
I rated password manager providers based on automation and collaboration tools, support for integrations, self-service options, free trial options, and both the cost and ease of cancellation.
I signed up for a plan with each password manager to test:
- Automation and collaboration tools: seamless password management experience; collaboration tools like shared groups; military-grade encryption; browser integrations
- Support for integrations: Your password management solution should integrate seamlessly with your company’s infrastructure and provide a way to incorporate many methods.
- Self-service options: Another essential password management feature is self-service options that empower customers to help themselves without contacting the customer service desk.
- Free trial options: Password management solutions are an investment in your online security, so it’s essential to test-drive a product to determine if it will truly fit your company’s needs.
- Cost and ease of cancellation: it is essential to understand different pricing models and what it takes to cancel if you ever grow out of the solution.
Learn more about our review methodology.