|AWeber standout features|
|Drag-and-drop builder||Free, intuitive, and easy to use|
|Email templates||600+ email marketing and newsletter templates for any occasion|
|Email tracking and analytics||360-degree view of your email marketing results via desktop or the AWeber Stats app|
|List migration services||Free to migrate from other platforms to AWeber|
|Integrations||Connects with popular shopping carts, social media, landing pages, and more|
|Image gallery||Over 6,000 free stock images|
|Support||24/7 support via phone, email, or live chat|
What Are the Pros and Cons of AWeber?
AWeber has dozens of features to help you create your email marketing campaigns, build a subscriber list, engage your audience, and track results. But, like any product, it has benefits and downsides.
To help you decide whether it’s the right email marketing tool for you, we’ve outlined the most common pros and cons below.
Pros of AWeber
- Easy to use: AWeber is simple to use, especially for non-tech-savvy individuals, with an outstanding drag-and-drop builder and editing features for creating and designing beautiful emails.
- Quality email templates: You can access responsive, eye-catching free email templates from AWeber’s library for different occasions.
- Seamless experience: AWeber lets you share newsletters with your target audience perfectly.
- Lots of free tools: AWeber offers various free marketing tools to successfully start, make your first sale, and grow your business.
Cons of AWeber
- Costlier than competing tools: AWeber is pricey compared to other alternatives with considerably more marketing automation features. Plus, you pay for active and inactive email addresses on your account.
- Low deliverability score: When tested against other email marketing tools, AWeber consistently sees a higher proportion of emails end up in spam or lost.
- Some key features are only available on the Pro plan: A/B testing is only available with higher-priced plans.
1. Free, top-of-the-class drag-and-drop builder
AWeber’s Free and Pro plans come with a free drag-and-drop builder — an intuitive block editor. I was able to click and drag different blocks to add any element to my message. The builder comes in handy when you need to:
- Create professional-looking, image-rich emails with a few clicks. You don’t need prior coding or design experience.
- Choose the elements you want from the editor’s toolbar and drag them into your message to create customized emails.
- Use plain text emails or code your own using HTML options.
- Preview your email messages (for desktop or mobile) before sending them out to proofread, check for layout mistakes and correct them, and send test copies before scheduling your campaign.
- Get relevant yet appealing stock images, buttons, and logos for free to add to your content layout.
2. Free, fully-customizable email templates
AWeber’s email and landing pages allow you to stay connected with your customers to engage, convert, and sell more. Also, you can enhance their experience with your business.
You can use the platform’s customized email marketing templates to fit your brand and style, making it easier to create a seamless brand experience for your target audience. The HTML email templates are free, fully customizable, and responsive.
Choose your template, add custom copy, and send out your email messages.
AWeber’s email templates may not be as contemporary in appearance as those of GetResponse, Mailchimp, and Campaign Monitor — my impression was some look slightly dated or like carbon copies. But with a little tweaking, you can find the ideal one for your email campaigns or newsletters. Or, you can use the smart designer tool to create and code your own template.
There are 6,000+ free stock images for your content, multiple color schemes, layouts, designs, and more. Plus, you’re not limited to the number of templates you can use regardless of the plan you choose.
3. Social media and e-commerce integration
AWeber integrates with social media and e-commerce platforms, which help you expand your reach online and link directly to your online store.
- Social media: Facebook, Lander, Nimble, Cyfe, LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms, and Facebook Lead Ads.
- E-commerce: leading online store and payment gateway apps including Big Cartel, 3dcart, BigCommerce, ClickBank, DirectPay, Etsy, Ecwid, Gumroad, Shopify, PayPal, Flutterwave, ThriveCart, and more.
Note: You have to pay transaction fees to any payment processor you use and to AWeber. The email marketing service charges an additional 1% to Free plan users and 0.6% to Pro plan users.
4. Detailed insights and analytics
I couldn’t access reporting or analytics features on AWeber’s Free plan. But you can upgrade to AWeber Pro and get advanced message/audience/account analytics, email sales, and webpage tracking.
These detailed insights and analytics let you see what people click on and how often so you can understand what your subscribers want instead of cluttering their inboxes.
5. Quality tech support
AWeber’s Free and Pro plans come with support via live chat, email, or phone. Pro plan subscribers get a dedicated support rep to help with setup and any questions. If you have a large account, you can schedule a date and time to access support via a 30-minute phone call.
What Are Some Good Alternatives to AWeber?
AWeber is one of the best email marketing services on the market. Backed by more than 20 years of proven success, it helps entrepreneurs and small businesses reliably connect with their audiences through powerfully simple email marketing tools. Yet, it’s not the ideal tool for all users.
So, what’s the difference between AWeber and its competitors? And how does it compare in key areas like features, pricing, and reporting?
Here’s a brief comparison of AWeber to help you weigh which platform is the best fit for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions About AWeber
How many emails can you send with AWeber?
Does AWeber have automations?
Does AWeber have landing pages?
Yes. AWeber Landing Pages is free for promoting your event or side business.
Some of its key features include:
- Professionally designed templates
- Integrated sign-up forms to build your audience
- A centralized image library
- Drag-and-drop design with prominent video
- Text styling
- Code-free template design
AWeber also integrates with other landing page software like Instapage Klickpages, Leadpages, Landingi, and PageWiz.
Can you make money with AWeber?
Is AWeber free to use?
What are the best alternatives to AWeber?
How I Rated AWeber
The last thing a serious marketer or business owner needs is an ineffective email marketing tool.
I looked at specific factors for this AWeber email marketing tool review, including customer support, features, and user-friendly plans. Researching widely from various reputable review sites and user forums, I compared the platform to its competitors’ offerings and performance. I focused on tools that, like AWeber, are primarily aimed at providing email marketing for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
First, I created an account through the AWeber Free plan. Signing up was easy, after which I completed a quick and painless setup process.
As I tested, I arrived at a major conclusion: When deciding which email marketing tool is best for your business, know yourself. Ask pertinent questions about the tool’s effectiveness, email deliverability rate, how it aligns with your email marketing strategy, and if it has all the features you need to get started.
If you’re just starting your email list, AWeber may be worth considering, especially the free plan.
Yet you won’t get advanced features like automation, detailed insights and analytics, split testing, and more. And its email deliverability rates aren’t up to the mark. But you have other options like Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, and Intuit Mailchimp with better deliverability and open rates, and more clicks.