Owen Dubiel is an experienced Information Security Engineer and Technical Content Writer with a strong background in the financial sector. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Information Assurance Applied Technology from Eastern Michigan University and a Master in Computer and Information Systems Security/Information Assurance from the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
With over eight years of industry experience, Owen has worked in notable positions such as Senior Information Security Engineer at North American Bancard and Information Security Analyst at Amrock. He has contributed to publications, including MarketHeed LLC and Komand, where he provided expertise on automating security processes. Owen’s credentials include GIAC GSEC, CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), Proofpoint Certified DLP Specialist 2022, and Sumo Logic Certified Fundamentals certifications. Additionally, he has contributed to the community, including organizing activities for children and participating in youth development programs.
Articles by Owen Dubiel
- The Difference Between Cyber Security and IT Security
- Cybersecurity Resources for Small Businesses
- What Is a Firewall and How Does It Work?
- What Is Spear Phishing and How To Avoid an Attack
- SSL Certificates: The Guide That Every Entrepreneur Needs in 2023
- Best Password Managers of 2023
- Best VPN Services of 2023
- What to Look for in a VPN for Your Business
- The Best Secure Password Generators of 2023
- What Is Monthly Bandwidth in Web Hosting?
- The Best VPNs for Mac of 2023
- 15 Things You Can Do With a VPN That You Can’t Do Without One
- What Is a Secure Web Gateway
- The Best Small Business Security Systems of 2023